Operations Assistant | Knowledge Platform Security & Rule of Law
24 hours per week (part time)
The Knowledge Platform Security & Rule of Law (KPSRL) is a Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) project run by Clingendael’s Conflict Research Unit, in collaboration with the International Development Law Organization and Saferworld UK (the Consortium Partners). The KPSRL is committed to improving the quality and impact of Security & Rule of Law (SRoL) programming and policies, with a specific focus on fragile and conflict-affected settings. To do this, the KPSRL convenes programming specialists, policymakers, and researchers to generate and share knowledge, improve practice and increase learning across the SRoL sector. Established in 2012, the KPSRL now has over 3.500 participants including civil society, academics and researchers, as well as policy officers representing national and multilateral donors.
The KPSRL is managed by a Secretariat that coordinates, activates and facilitates the Platform, working to increase the uptake of knowledge, and provides grants from its Knowledge Management Fund (KMF) to stimulate experimentation, innovation and research uptake within the SRoL sector. In addition to hosting a repository of cutting-edge knowledge products garnered from projects and programs around the globe, the Secretariat regularly convenes learning events, including webinars, white paper discussions, programming-led learning symposiums, research seminars, practice labs and an Annual Conference.
The KPSRL Secretariat is looking for an Operations Assistant from 1 July 2022 to join our diverse international team in order to support the efficiency of the Secretariat’s working processes, outreach campaigns and general administration. As the team adapts to a new hybrid working environment, the Operations Assistant will be able to work from home 50% of hours and work from our Hague-based office the other 50%.
The purpose of the job is to support the achievement of the KPSRL’s overall objective – to strengthen the learning capacity of the network – by ensuring the Secretariat is able to manage its projects efficiently, regularly update its network outreach tools, maintain thorough records of its activities, and effectively and efficiently manage administrative processes and budgets.
The Operations Assistant will work closely with and report to the Head of Secretariat, providing direct support in project management, administration, record keeping and central file management. In addition, the Operations Assistant will work closely with the Secretariat’s Communications Lead in supporting with the website, network outreach and logistical coordination of events. The Operations Assistant will lead the building up of the new Client Relations Management (CRM) system and getting the team up-to-speed on how to implement it into their daily work. In addition to work related tasks, our new colleague will have an opportunity to engage in broader discussions in the sector, expand its network and join our social activities.
Key tasks include:
Secretariat Administration and Finance
- Coordinate implementation of the Secretariat’s project management system,
- Upkeep of administrative processes of the Secretariat’s instruments, including:
- Maintaining oversight, and update as necessary, of the administrative and budgetary reporting for Knowledge Management Fund applications and grants
- Ensuring administrative and financial procedures are followed by partners throughout the implementation of Programmatic Learning Instrument
- Administration and logging of monitoring data
- Support the Head of Secretariat in managing the Secretariat administration and finance
Logistics & Events
- Assist Secretariat staff with calendar scheduling, travel planning & bookings
- Support with technical components of online events (i.e. registration webforms, Zoom coordination)
- Provide logistical support to the organization of the KPSRL Annual Conference
Client Relations Management (CRM) system
- Responsible for the migration of participant lists and data on file to newly established Monday.com CRM system
- Work together with service providers to make sure CRM is up and running in a timely fashion
- Guide team on how to navigate/contribute to CRM system
We would be interested in candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Up to 3 years of relevant working experience in an administrative and/or management support function (of which preferably some experience working in NGOs, CSOs, grant management, government or research)
- High proficiency in MS Office applications
- Experience of working with Client Relations Management systems and administrative management tools (preferably has worked with Monday.com)
- Experience in supporting organisation of events
- Experience in working with a broad range of (international) stakeholders and partners
In addition, we would like our new colleague to have:
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for international relations, SRoL related topics and collaborative learning initiatives
- Highly organized worker, capable of keeping track of diverse simultaneous processes, and able to prioritize effectively
- Capable of working independently and under time pressure and with strict deadlines while maintaining high levels of quality in her/his work
- Social and communication skills, with strong intercultural sensitivity
- Flexible, thoughtful and nimble approach to issues and colleagues, able to contribute constructively and positively when working as part of a team
- Capable of reading and writing in English fluently; preferably also capable of conversing in Dutch, French and/or Arabic
The salary depends on the level of education and working experience, guideline is scale 7 CAO Rijk based on a 24 hours working week. The contract is initially valid for a period of one year with the option for renewal.
You can apply via the ‘Apply here' button at the bottom of this vacancy. Deadline for response is 1 June 2022.