KPAC22 - Reflections KPSRL Secretariat
Secretariat of the Knowledge Platform Security & Rule of Law
- On 20 October 2022, the Knowledge Platform Security & Rule of Law (KPSRL) organized its Annual Conference (KPAC22). This document describes the Secretariat’s reflections on the way KPAC is evolving (a.o. based on the feedback received), to involve the KPSRL network in that journey.
- Important is to note that this does not concern a detailed reflection on the content, as this follows in December.
- The hybrid format was appreciated for its accessibility, though improvements have to be made to better connect and equally engage online and in-person audiences.
- Longer sessions were an improvement – next up are longer breaks.
- The closing session was too ambitious for the end of a long day, though the idea of involving activists and ‘turning the table’ was appreciated.
- The conference was generally considered diverse and a ‘safe space for learning’ with honest exchanges. However, we do recognise space for improvements in order to ensure everyone is feeling safe, is heard and respected.
- The theme ‘Reimagining Social Contracts’ opened space for conversations that colleagues do not usually have on societal roles and responsibilities, and the role of concepts like trust and norms.
- KPSRL might want to experiment with a variety of session formats; workshops, lectures, short pitches etc.