Using the Political Accommodation Methodology to Address Root Causes of Conflict: A Lessons Learned Webinar
Conflict Dynamics International (“Conflict Dynamics”) was established in 2004 and opened its East Africa Branch Office in Nairobi in 2014 conflict Dynamics’ initiatives are organized into two intersecting program areas to develop and implement innovative strategies for conflict prevention and resolution, and for humanitarian policy relevant to conflicts and other crises. These program areas are: Humanitarian Action and Peace Action.
The objective of the session are to:
- Share lessons learned on the PA methodology
- Inform the unique features, advantages, and limitations of the PA methodology
- Make recommendations for the future use of the methodology in peacebuilding, focusing on addressing exclusion.
An hour and half webinar open to ARC Program grantees and other practitioners, researchers and policy makers working to address root causes of conflict. The webinar will be followed by a recorded podcast available for future use by the partners, donors and the wider peace practitioners.
- Partners obtain an understanding of the lessons on the PA methodology CDI was able to learn on what works and what doesn’t.
- Partners share their insights on the potential of the methodology drawing on their own experiences.
- Partners understand the unique aspects and contribution of the PA methodology.
- A lessons-learned podcast for future accessibility and use by the donors, practitioners and other interested parties is produced.
- Gerard Mc Hugh: President
- Mai Tarig Amir: Sudan Program Director
- Roger Middleton: Somalia Program Director
- Moderated by KPSRL
For the full concept note, please click here.