The Secretariat of the Knowledge Platform is looking to hire an enthusiastic and motivated intern for a period of 6 months with a demonstrable affinity with and knowledge of the fields of international security and rule of law, particularly in fragile and conflict-affected states.
The KPSRL is a Platform that brings together practitioners, policy-makers, and researchers in a network to share knowledge, improve practice and increase the uptake of learning about Security & Rule of Law (SRoL) across the sector. It was established in 2012 and is now a community with 2.200 active participants. The Secretariat coordinates and facilitates the Platform, organises an Annual Conference, and provides grants from its Knowledge Management Fund to stimulate research uptake and innovation. The intern will contribute to the successful running of the Annual Conference 2018, and assist in the development of a learning strategy for ensuring the uptake of knowledge produced by programmes and practitioners, and encourage participants in the Platform to use the Secretariat and the wider network as a resource for support in learning, innovating, and improving their work.
- Support the organisation of the Annual Conference 2018 and contribute to writing the Conference Report
- Support the development of the KPSRL Theory of Change on SRoL programmatic learning
- Structure and outline the fundamentals of the KPSRL Annual Plan 2019 and Annual Report 2018
- Provide general support to the KPSRL Secretariat (communications, administration, logistics)
- BA degree relevant for this internship and current enrolment for MA degree in a field relevant to International Security & Rule of Law interventions
- Fluent in English; Dutch considered an asset
- Familiarity of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and its Security & Rule of Law related work; and/or prominent (Dutch) development aid and peacebuilding organisations
- Familiarity with international peace- and statebuilding agenda and the work of multilateral organisations working on issues pertaining to conflict and fragility (United Nations and the World Bank Group, the European Union
- Team player, highly organised and able to manage tasks and time responsibly
- Network-oriented, feeling at home in international environment>
- Strong writing skills for reporting and project synthesis
- Adept at working with common social media and smart applications
- Enrolment in an MA programme
- Resident of the EER/Switzerland OR holder of an NL study visa
The Secretariat of the Platform offers:
- The opportunity to gain practical, policy oriented experience in the dynamic field of Security & Rule of Law, in close cooperation with our researchers and stakeholders as policy makers, academics and (international) organisations. Ability to build up a network in the field.
- A stipend of € 300,- gross per month (in case of 36 hours per week).