Unboxing Localisation V - From Consultation Towards Local Leadership: Inclusive Programming in Practice
Location: Online (Zoom)
On 6 September, the fifth ‘Unboxing Localisation’ event takes place. This time, Women’s International Peace Center will take us through their approach to making programming genuinely inclusive to those affected. The objectives of the session are to:
· Share experiences, lessons learned, best practices, and challenges related to the effective inclusion of the most-affected communities in locally-led programming.
- WIPC will provide specific cases of effective inclusion of the most-affected communities in Burundi, DRC and South Sudan;
· Identify practical suggestions on how to effectively put most-affected groups in the lead for programming in terms of budgeting, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation etc.;
· Look at how donors can integrate such methods into their program design, with the help of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
A more detailed agenda will follow soon. French translation will be available in the chat.
About the ‘Unboxing Localisation’ trajectory
At the Knowledge Platform Annual Conference 2021, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Civil Society Platform for Peacebuilding and Statebuilding (CSPPS) organized a kick-off meeting for a trajectory to unpack the multi-facetted challenge of localization (recording). After dissecting the challenges ahead, the group agreed to commit to a trajectory that resulted in:
- A second session to define which subthemes were to be unpacked. Participants preferred focusing on sharing practical tools and practices of operationalizing localisation.
- A third one on ‘chains of influence’, so how to create space with those ‘up’ the chain for those ‘down’ the chain from wherever you are within the SRoL sector.
- A fourth one on concrete ways to measure progress on localization with the help of a measurement framework.
This is an invitation-only event. If you would like to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.